Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some fun things I've been doing

Hello again,

I have been a very busy baby lately. I went to the doctor, a wedding, a couple of BBQ's and celebrated Mothers Day... although not specifically in that order.

My doctor visit was pretty uneventful for me, I just got measured and weighed and looked at. Mommy and Daddy however seemed to have an unending list of questions and talked forever! I'm happy to report that I am officially growing; I am now 8lbs 9oz and 20.5" long! Even though the numbers clearly indicate growth, Mommy is convinced that my clothes are just shrinking in the wash... I think she wants me to stay really little forever.

For Memorial Day weekend we went to two BBQ's. The first one was over at Sean, Melissa and Sidneys house and a lot of Daddy's work friends were there. Daddy and Mommy ate hamburgers and potato salad and Melissa's home made baked beans, I heard they were really good, but they didn't share with me; maybe when I have teeth. Remember the picture of James holding me a few weeks ago, well I let him hold me again and he was much more relaxed! I'm a good teacher. Victoria also held me, and didn't really want to share me which was ok with me because she is so pretty. After watching Sidney run around with the other doggies that came to the BBQ, Daddy, Mommy and I loaded back into the car and went to Susan and Teresa's house. The grill was full of Brats and corn on the cob and more baked beans, I just watched everyone eat their dinner while I feasted on the usual right then left entree.

The wedding we went to was in Bellingham, which is the farthest away from home I've ever been. Matt and Brayde were the groom and bride and Mommy and Daddy were so worried that I was going to cry during the ceremony that we sat all the way in the back next to the door. Well I didn't make a peep and everyone gave me compliments for being so quiet. Brayde was so pretty in her wedding gown and Matt looked very handsome and happy. Daddy's friend Ryan was a groomsman and I tried but I didn't end up getting any spit up on his tux. I also got to meet Matt & Kayla, and Sean & Melissa were there too. At the end of the night Ryan & Kaylee gave me a book full of Curious George stories, it was really heavy so I had Daddy carry it home for me. The wedding and reception were a lot of fun and I'm glad that we all got to go.

For Mothers Day I gave Mommy the best present ever: 6 hours of consecutive sleep. Then we went over to Grandpa Martin's house and ate a big pancake breakfast. I got to meet my Great Aunt JoAnna and my cousin Crickett. They live in Montana and were leaving that afternoon, so I'm really glad I got to meet them. After that we went back home and just hung out.

See how busy I am? Well there will be much more to tell you about in the next posting... so stay tuned.

Hugs and kisses,

James standing, holding my hand and smiling... my grasshopper has come so far!
Victoria & me.
Susan feeding Teresa baked beans on Memorial Day weekend.
Mommy, Daddy & me at Matt & Brayde's wedding in Bellingham.
Sean & Melissa.
Matt & Kayla.
Ryan & Kaylee.
Mommy & me on Mothers Day.
Great Aunt JoAnna & me.
Cousin Crickett & me.

No comments:

Post a Comment