Monday, June 29, 2009

Early June 2009

Gee wiz... sorry to make you wait so long for a new post, but as you will read, I've been so busy that I haven't had a minute to sit down and type.

Let me start by saying, June was a hot month!! I went from being swaddled in a flannel blankie to using a piece of cotton fabric from Mommy's quilting stash. It took a little getting used to, but it was cooler.

On the last day of May we went to the Edmonds waterfront festival and I got to meet some more vanWinkles. Bob says he likes babies best when they can fit in one arm. It was fun to go outside and smell the water and see bigger kids playing in the sand, I'm looking forward to building sand castles and flying a kite! June just got hotter and hotter, so I ended up spending some time over with Ethan and lounging in the shade with Tricia.

One day I took Mommy and Daddy over to Aunt Susan and Teresa's house for a little impromptu BBQ, their friend Wyatt was there too... he's 9 months old, but he's 3 times bigger than me!! He can crawl and play with keys and eat watermelon! Zita and Jake didn't quite know what to do with Wyatt, so they hid in another room. Silly kitties.

My Gigi sent me a really pretty bracelet with my name and birthday engraved on the inside. It has birdies and flowers engraved on the outside. I really like it and Mommy finally let me wear it. Gigi sent some ribbons with it too so that Mommy could tie it to my wrist and not worry about me loosing it. It's still a little big, but you can see how well it compliments my dress.

And then it was Father's Day weekend. This was Daddy's first Father's Day, so I made sure that he got an extra special present. (No, not a full diaper!) On Saturday Ohbah and Ohgee came up and took everyone out to Olive Garden. We had a nice time visiting and it was only the second time Mommy and Daddy have gone out to eat since I came to town. I was just so happy to see my Ohbah and Ohgee that I sorta forgot that it was Daddy's day. But I made up for it on Sunday when I wore a new pair of overalls and gave him a model airplane from Boeing. I know he liked it because he put it together right away and then put it on his dresser. We also went over to Grandpa Martin's house for pancakes in the morning, and Uncle Cully was there and so was Grandma Mihntam. It was a great weekend!

We did so much in June that I'm going to write a whole 'nuther posting for the second half of the month... it should be up in the next day or so, so come on back, ya hear?

Kisses and hugs,
Allison


Bob and me at the Edmonds Waterfront Festival... I just barely fit in one arm.
Here I am lounging at Tricia and Ethan's house, we always have fun!
Auntie Susan and Teresa and me.
Wyatt and his keys... he makes me look so petite.
My fancy new bracelet from Gigi.
Daddy and Ohgee and me on Saturday of Father's Day weekend.
Grandpa Martin and me. (See my overalls?)

No comments:

Post a Comment