Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm here!

Hi everyone, it's Allison. Even though I'm only 12 days old, I figured that I should start some type of web blog/diary to keep all of my fans up to date with what is going on in my life. Since this is my first entry I thought that I would start at the very beginning, my birthday.

Actually everything started the day before my birthday, April 21st. it was pretty early in the morning (I'd say about 4:00 am or so) and I was playing around inside mommy and I poked a hole in something. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but Mommy complained a bit about being all wet and got a little excited about it.

Daddy drove Mommy to the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle where they waited all day for me to come out and play. In truth, I wasn't very excited about leaving my warm and cozy space inside Mommy. Daddy took Mommy on some pretty long walks trying to get me to see what I was missing in the outside world. I was too comfy on the inside and I didn't want to budge. At about 6:00 pm I started to get a little less comfortable, my warm and cozy space started to get smaller and smaller, so I decided it was time for me to pack up and leave. It took a while for me to squeeze through the long tunnel to get out. I'm not sure who designed my old living space inside Mommy but they should have put a bit more thought into the exit route...waaayyy too small! Anyway, I finally made it out of there at 12:05 am on April 22, 2009, and boy was I cold! Luckily some nice people wrapped me up in blankets right away and wiped all the goo off of me. I felt much better after that. There were also lots of bright flashes of lights. I was really tired after all the commotion had died down and all I wanted to do is sleep. The next few days were a bit of a blur. Several people came to the hospital to visit me, there were a lot more bright flashes of light. I also got poked in the heel, that didn't feel very good. I wanted to eat every 2 hours or so and discovered the joys of pee and poo. The rest of the time I spent sleeping, dreaming of that warm and cozy space I used to call home (the outside world is really, really big).

After 3 days in the hospital, Mommy and Daddy decided it was time to take me home. They got me dressed in some clothes which I didn't like all. I'd rather be warm and naked. After I got done complaining about being clothed, they put me in my car seat so I could leave the hospital. It took me a while to get used to my new car seat but now I like it a lot. It's really comfy and I fall asleep in it almost immediately.

Now I'm getting used to being home. I'll write more soon.
Hugs and kisses to all,
Allison


Mommy and Daddy out walking... they went all the way to the Mountlake Bridge!
Me at 5 minutes old.
Time to check out of the hospital and head home!

1 comment: